Considering overseas pandemic developments and the needs of our work in preventing imported cases, Jiangsu will put all international arrivals under centralized quarantine for 14 days (home quarantine may apply to those unfit for centralized quarantine) since March 23.
I. Requirements for centralized quarantine sites
1. Hotels authorized to accommodate foreigners. Single rooms with private domestic installation and hygiene facility are available to meet quarantine requirements.
2. The sites should be equipped with regular medication, temperature measuring devices, sphygmomanometers, individual protective gears (protective masks), disinfection products (chlorinated tissues/disinfectants and 70% or above ethyl alcohol) and vehicles for transferring close contacts and for working staff.
3. The sites should be equipped with medical staff, logistics and security supports, as well as interpreters.
II. Requirements for the quarantined at designated sites
1. Please fully cooperate with our working staff to ensure sound management at the quarantine site, do not receive visitors or go outside without permission, and do not visit or gather with others at the quarantine site.
2. Please cooperate with the staff who are to take your temperature twice a day, and for sample collecting and other medical checks.
3. Monitor your own health condition. Report to the staff in the first place once symptoms such as fever, dry cough, fatigue, chest distress, shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomit, and eye swelling or aching show, and cooperate in the process of medical check, transfer and treatment.
4. Put down the toilet lid before flushing and make sure there is water in the water-sealed floor drain in the lavatory.
5. Dump your waste in the designated garbage collectors as per requirements. Your waste will be taken away by our staff on a daily basis.
6. Use of consumables or damage to any article at the quarantine site shall be paid for.
7. Try to stay in good mood, exercise in a proper manner in the room, and seek entertainment through surfing the internet, reading or video chat with family members or friends.
8. Expenses occurred during the quarantine including accommodation, food and beverage shall be paid for as per the requirements of local authorities.
9. At the end of the quarantine, people without any symptom and are tested COVID-19-free are given a “Notice on Release from Medical Quarantine” upon leaving the quarantine site.
III. Requirements for sites suited for home quarantine
1. Sites suited for home quarantine are self-owned residences or rentals which allow the person in quarantine to have a single room with private hygiene facility. If multiple residences are available, living alone is recommended for the person in need of home quarantine.
2. A room with good ventilation is needed. The room shall not use central air-conditioning. A separate heater can be used in the room if needed.
3. A room suited for home quarantine must have the following items: thermometer, surgical mask, antiseptic wipe, hand sanitizer, disinfectants such as 84 disinfectant, and lidded garbage bin with a plastic bag inside.
IV. Requirements for the home-quarantined
1. Voluntarily undergo a 14-day home quarantine without going out.
2. During the quarantine, try not to contact people under the same roof as much as possible.
3. Measure your body temperature at least once every morning and afternoon, and closely monitor your health condition to see if acute respiratory symptoms such as cough or other symptoms such as fatigue, headache, gastrointestinal reactions occur.
4. During home quarantine, please immediately contact the staff in charge of your home quarantine if any sickness such as fever, respiratory infection or other symptoms show. Should that happen, the person-in-charge shall report to the local health authorities and accompany the quarantined to a designated fever clinic in a designated vehicle.
5. At the end of home quarantine, people without any symptom and are tested COVID-19-free are officially released from quarantine upon receiving a “Notice on Release from Medical Quarantine”.